Artichokes with Light Lemon Dipping Sauce
Artichokes are perhaps the most sensuous of vegetables - always eaten with the fingers. Cooking them with lemon slices preserves their color.
Write a review
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt, Greek style is best
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon organic unfiltered apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 Artichokes
- 3 quarts water
- 1 lemon, quartered
- In a medium bow, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Let sit at room temperature.
- Trim the bases of the artichokes so that they stand upright.
- Using kitchen shears, clip the points from the artichoke leaves.
- Bring a pot of water to boil; add the artichokes and lemon.
- Boil, Uncovered, until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain well.
- To serve, center each artichoke on a small plate. Spoon the sauce onto its cavity or into a small bowl for dipping.
Gardens To Gro https://www.gardenstogro.com/