Brussels Sprouts with Tangy Lemon Sauce
The unexpected tang of lemon offsets the sweetness of the Brussels sprouts, cooked until just barely tender.
- 4 cups water
- 3 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 3 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup pimento (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add the Brussels sprouts.
- Cover and cook until just barely tender, about 7 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts are cooking, whisk together the vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and pimento in a small bowl.
- Drain the Brussels' sprouts and transfer them to a serving dish, toss with the lemon mixture.