Garlicky Green Sauté
You don't have to be Irish to enjoy!
Write a review
- 4 to 6 cloves, garlic, pressed or minced (go for the six)
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or white wine (optional, but delicious)
- Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 cups dark leafy greens (spinach, chard, collard, beet greens, kale)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- In a large deep skillet, cook the garlic and onion in the oil, stirring, over medium-high (not any higher) heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the sherry or wine, salt, pepper, allspice, oregano and basil.
- Stir in the greens, pressing them down with the back of the spoon as they wilt.
- Cook, stirring, until completely wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- To make a Quick Greens Flan, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk 2 eggs and 2 cups of skim milk into the wilted greens mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9 X 13-inch baking dish and bake until firm, about 35 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
Gardens To Gro https://www.gardenstogro.com/