You don't have to be Irish to enjoy!
Write a review
- 1/4 cup purified water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage, sliced thinly
- 3 cups winter squash, cubed
- 2 parsnips, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dulse
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Heat the water in a soup pot and cook the onion and cabbage, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the squash and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the parsnips, then sprinkle the oats over the vegetables and pour in the stock.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the dulse in a fine strainer (it will shrink greatly) and add to the stew.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve hot, garnished with chives.
- Serve with new potatoes and soda bread to finish off the meal
Gardens To Gro https://www.gardenstogro.com/