Refreshing Marinated Cucumber Salad
Write a review
- 2 regular cucumbers
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon unbleached sugar
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the cucumber halves, crosswise, as thinly as possible, slicing almost (but not quite) all the way through. Then cut all the way through every 3 inches.
- Place the cucumbers and onion in a non-aluminum bowl and sprinkle with sea salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, orange juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture over the cucumber and onions; let marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Lift the cucumbers out of the marinade, place on individual plates and garnish with the marinated onions.
- Great all by itself or with leg of lamb.
Gardens To Gro https://www.gardenstogro.com/