Sautéed Spinach, Garlic & Lima Beans
Write a review
- 1 cup dry large lima beans
- 3 cups purified water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 1 spring fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Dash sea salt or umeboshi vinegar
- Wedge of lemon or lime, garnish
- Place the lima beans in a large pot and cover with 3 cups of purified water. Soak at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse the beans, then drain again. Add salt and fresh water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; add the fresh herbs, and cover, with the lid ajar. Lower the heat and simmer until the beans are soft, about 45 minutes or longer. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Wash the spinach and remove tough stems. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, add the oil and heat 30 seconds more. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until golden. Continue cooking until the garlic becomes crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the garlic and set aside. Add the cayenne to the skillet. Stir in the spinach, cover and cook until the leaves wilt, about 1 minute. Chop the spinach or leave whole, season with sea salt or umeboshi vinegar. To serve, mound the spinach on a plate, top with the beans and sprinkle with the roasted garlic. Add garnish.
- Serving Suggestion
- Corn on the cob, roasted tofu or hearty rye bread complements this dish.
Gardens To Gro https://www.gardenstogro.com/