Apple Stuffed Pita with Beets
Beet - Apple Stuffed Pita. A fresh zesty lunch or light dinner.
- 1 whole beet peeled and grated
- 1 whole Granny Smith apple peeled, cored and grated
- 1/2 cup plain full fat yogurt
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish (optional)
- 2 whole pita rounds
- Alfalfa sprouts and/or shredded greens
- In a bowl, mix the beet, apple, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and horseradish.1 whole beet, 1 whole Granny Smith apple, 1/2 cup plain full fat yogurt, 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice, 1 dash salt, 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- Cut the pita rounds in half.2 whole pita rounds
- Fill each half with ½ of the beet mixture.
- Stuff with sprouts or greens and enjoy.Alfalfa sprouts and/or shredded greens
A delicious side dish is steamed brown basmati rice or a fresh cucumber salad with lemon.